Pellet Facts and Terms
Wood Pellet Facts and Terms for Delivery
- Wood pellets and Envi blocks must be stored in a dry, non-humid environment.
- Because wood pellets can emit a small amount of carbon monoxide, it is recommended that you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
- Due to the nature of the product, wood pellets inherently contain a small proportion of dust.
Pick up at the Farm:
- If you need help loading, please call in advance to ensure someone is here to help load your vehicle.
- We are happy to help you load your vehicle, at your own risk. We do our best, but on rare occasions loading accidents can happen.
Please take all these things into consideration when planning where you would like us to drop your pellets. Alert us to any special conditions in advance of delivery. (Hilly driveway, newly paved driveway, septic system, low-hanging wires or trees, etc.)
- Order well in advance of your need. Our delivery schedule is based on grouping orders in the same area. The time of delivery is estimated, not guaranteed. We generally deliver within 1-6 weeks of your order. Depending on the time of year, weather, and other conditions it can be as much as several weeks. We try to note the expected delivery window on our website. You will be contacted a few days before our driver delivers.
- We will do our best to place pallets where you want them. However, our drivers reserve the right to use their best judgment. Due to the heavy loads, our equipment does not travel well over snow, mud, grass, hills, or through gates. We cannot drive over your septic system. Because the Moffett is tall, it may not fit into a standard garage or carport, and sometimes power lines or low tree branches prevent us from dropping the pallets at the desired location.
- If you are not prepared to accept delivery when our driver arrives, there will be an additional fee of $20 for every 15 minutes he has to spend helping you figure out where to drop the pallets.
- Upon your request, we will deliver your pellets into your garage if your garage is clean upon our arrival, cars are not in the garage or in the way in the driveway, and your driveway surface is smooth and level. Our pallet jack cannot drive on gravel or uneven surfaces. If there is a lip upon entry to your garage, the pallet jack cannot get over it. There is a $25 charge for delivery that requires the use of the pallet jack to cover the cost of the driver's time.
- Occasionally, the pallet jack and Moffett can cause scrapes on the driveway and/or garage floor.
- Payment is due prior to or on delivery. Our driver will not leave the product if payment is not made.
- There are no returns on wood pellets. We encourage you to try a few bags of the pellets before committing to a full ton because pellets burn differently in every stove and environment.